How to restore default Ubuntu desktop

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 23:04:17 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 3:20 PM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I restore the default Ubuntu desktop panel arrangement or
> revert to a previous one after I make a big mistake?

I figured it out myself -- I created a new user to figure this out,
but you don't have to. I logged in via a terminal and did this

$ cd ~/.gconf/apps
$ mv panel panel.old

(I renamed the directory with the panel settings.)

Then when I logged in via the GUI it re-created the settings using the defaults.

P.S.: The new user account automatically starts the update-notifier so
I still need to find where that gets started...