Ndiswrapper + amd64

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Sat Apr 2 05:07:30 UTC 2005

Sorry for having such a long delay in my replies.. :-/

Please do the following:

$ sudo ifdown wlan0 (although it's probably down anyway, but just to
ensure).
$ iwconfig (please post the output)
$ pager /etc/network/interfaces (post the output)

Then $ifup wlan0 -> I suppose you won't get an ip, but the card should
try and connect to the AP. If this is the case, you will be able to see
in the AP's log file that the card (in form of it's MAC) connected to
the AP. Please check the timestamp on the logfile, too, not that we're
talking about a connect from yesterday ;)

So please check that and tell me, whether the card is seen by the AP. I
suppose this will be _not_ the case. If I'm right please check via
$ iwconfig
whether the ESSID and the channel are set correctly. Another possible
problem is if you're using a different authentification standard with
Linux. You said, you configured your router to "open" auth. Ensure that
Linux is set similar (if have not yet used encryption with wlan under
linux, but you should be able to see whether you're trying to establish
an encrypted connection with the AP by means of $ iwconfig or $ ps aux
<- look for any wpa_supplicant or x_supplicant daemons or programs that
are running...).

Sorry for my confusing writings... Hope you get through ;)

.christoph

--

Christoph Georgi
email.  christoph.georgi at web.de