[hoary] emacs conflicts with input methods based on XIM

Shixin Zeng shixinzeng at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:33:26 UTC 2005

I found that if I start emacs with 'env LC_CTYPE="zh_CN.GBK" emacs',
it will work fine, the xim input method will be started by
'Control+Space' correctly.
But it I set my locale to UTF8, i.e zh_CN.UTF-8, then the problem arise.

These days, I was told that a lot of people was suffering from the
problem. I hope someone could figure out where the problem is.

Thanks!

--
Best regards

Shixin Zeng