bluetooth in ubuntu

satyam ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Apr 1 16:34:51 UTC 2005

Hi.

Relux: I got the adapter working. Here's what you should try.

First, you need to get the bluetooth address for your phone, from your
manual.
With the adapter plugged in, after installing bluez, run:

hciconfig

You should get a response showing the adapter as hci0.

Then,

sudo hciconfig hci0 reset

sudo ln -s /dev/rfcomm1 /dev/modem

rfcomm connect rfcomm1 <phone's bd address>

If this is successful, it will connect and tell you to press Ctrl + C
to hangup.

Then, use gnome's network configuration tool to create a modem
connection.

When you activate the connection, it'll ask you to enable the
connection, say yes.
The phone should dial. That's where I've reached.

If it doesn't work, you may need to edit your
/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf file, to reflect the bluetooth address of
the adapter.

Hope it helps,
Satyam.

--