GDM Splash

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:21:17 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 12:12 PM, Neil Woolford <neil at neilwoolford.co.uk> wrote:
> At 11:21 01/04/05, you wrote:
>
> >That isn't a TRUE *_Ubuntu_* GDM Splash. If it were those geeks wouldn't
> >be wearing shirts. Perhaps they were trying NOT to offend the
> >Fundamentalist Right.
> >
> >The moral to this story is: NEVER UPDATE ON APRIL 1st...
>
> Am I too late to share the joke?  I tried to update a few minutes ago
> (before noon in the UK) but
> couldn't find an April theme listed in the repositories.  The latest
> downloaded is March.
>
> Or am I missing how to work the system properly, as I always leave my desktop
> set to the plain 'chocolate' theme?
>
> Neil

If it is the GDM that has had its art changed then you need to log out
to see it. after uo have dfone your update, log out and go back to the
loging screen - that is the GDM, not your wallpaper.

Also - anoyne care to post a screenshot - im at work and out tonight
so am unlikely to catch the joke

Tom