Speedtouch

Matthew Laver matthew.laver at ibexsolutions.com
Thu Sep 30 12:18:33 UTC 2004

I know this may not be the best place to come asking for help with this but
I have tried everywhere.

I really love Ubuntu, being relatively new to linux I have tried many
distro's and yours is amazing and I am definitely sticking with it for the
long run.  So if you want any opinions from a newbie then let me know.

The only problem I ma having at the moment for full enjoyment of the system
is I can't get my Speedtouch 330 Silver USB modem to work properly.  I can
get it to work but only very messily and I have to reconfigure it from the
config script from sourceforge each time I boot up.

I noticed from the first install that it recognises the modem straight away
and seems to load something from the kernel for the modem.  So my big
question is, is there anyway of setting up the modem from a clean install of
ubuntu using what is present in the base config and only just installing the
drivers or something?

Your help would be much appreciated even if it was pointing me in another
direction before telling me to get lost!!

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the
official business of Ibex or its parent, The Rope Company
Ltd, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  The Company can not
accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the senders own. This email
and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any
use or circulation is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless otherwise expressly
agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding. If you
have received this email in error please destroy it and notify the MIS Manager by
telephone on +44 (0) 1323 847234.