USB cdwriter

Wim Vriend w.vriend at quicknet.nl
Thu Sep 30 22:10:46 UTC 2004

Hello,
First off all my congratulations for the Ubunti developers, it's a
beautiful distro. I am not really new with Linux, but totally new with
gnome. So there coming a lot questions :-)

Today 30 September i have upgraded the system for the first time, and
after rebooting I am missing the hardware configuration in the system
configuration menu. How can I have this back.

My usb cdwriter (Iomega predator cd-rw) is not recognized during the
install. Can you tel me how I fix this ?

TIA
Wim