Install 1 good install 2 freeze

Brian McKie bpmckie at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 30 00:37:50 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have installed Ubuntu on two systems so far. My desktop install went
without a hitch. My Laptop has been a nightmare, I have burned about 4
discs to get one to install. I usually ended up with a failure while
installing packages, something about running out of disc space even
though it was 12 gigs. Anyway I saw the post about the new image to fix
parted and installed that. Install went fine to my surprise, however
after install when I went to log in it froze on the Ubuntu splash
screen. I have read through the lists and saw some people were having
gnome freeze's. I killed bonobo-activation and waited for gnome to start
but it did not. Does anybody have any idea why the freeze? and how come
not on the desk top?

Thanks, Brian