installation freeze on Dell Inspiron 8000

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at gotadsl.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 22:27:58 UTC 2004

I'm sorry but I won't be able to check the details of that until Sunday
when the machine will (hopefully) be returned to me. It's currently on
loan to a friend who is planning to get a new (or used, rather) computer
in the next few weeks, and I'm trying to get her to skip Windows in
favor of Ubuntu. She's a law student, and generally a basic computer
user. I'll report the results of my experiment on Sunday :)  I can,
however, tell you that I purchased the machine in December 2000, and
have never updated the BIOS.

.henrik