How to use a USB-based Palm?

Benoit Caron ubuntu at notezbien.net
Thu Sep 30 20:11:35 UTC 2004

Hi.

How is one suppose to use a USB based Palm Pilot device (I have a
Tungsten E)?

When I follow the dialogs in Pilot Settings, it offer me to use the
port /dev/pilot, or a selection of /dev/ttyS[0-4], even if I use the
"USB Type" radio selection. But the link /dev/pilot is not there, and
there is no /dev/usb directory nor a /dev/ttyUSB[0-xx] like I have on my
other "regular" Debian box (well... a Mepis bastardized from like 6
months of apt-get-ing from Sarge).

Is there a package that is missing?

Thanks for any help

Benoit Caron
Happy new user of Ubuntu, despites the absence of (a recent) KDE... :)