The continuing saga of my USB memory key

Ben Novack bennovack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 04:14:22 UTC 2004

I ran demsg, but I can't post its contents because I've got no way to
get anything off of Ubuntu - I have no network access because I can't
get to neccessary packages on my USB key, which is the whole problem.

When I plug in my USB key or external HD, it's seen and recognized
with scsi emulation at sda - but it's not mounted, and my newbie
attempts to manually mount (sudo mount /dev/sda /mnt/usbdrive) lead to
complaints that the mountpoint doesn't exist.

Any ideas, or specific things I should look for?

Danke,

---BHN