can't see a second drive

Dave W nospam1 at nullcutter.com
Thu Sep 30 03:46:04 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if this is Ubuntu, 2.6, or just me.  I've installed Warty on a
SATA drive.  Then I shut down, plugged in my Libranet drive in the primary
IDE interface, booted back to Warty, and as root in a terminal did my usual
"fdisk -l" to see if it was listed as /dev/hda, prior to mounting it.  Thing
is, it wasn't there.  BIOS sees it, for what it's worth, but Warty doesn't.
Am I going about this wrong?  This is the first time I've messed with kernel
2.6.x and I know a lot of things have changed ...

Thanks ...

david w