What did I just update?

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Wed Sep 29 19:26:52 UTC 2004

Nathan Palmer schrieb:

> I'd like to see something like this.
>
> PPP upgrade to 1.77
> + Added new Foo module resolving a lot of connection issues
> + Fixed Bug #34444 that was causing a lot of crashes.

You can do serveral things:
1. read the changes online at
http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/warty-changes/

2. install apt-listchanges from universe
and edit /etc/apt/listchanges.conf to show changelogs instead of news.
You will then get the info within Synaptic while installing. (Press q to
quit the pager and continue installation)

What I am still searching for is some kind of long-time installation
log, keeping information about which packages have been
installed/removed/purged/updated and when. Does anyone know if this
exists anywhere in the apt system? Or does know a trick to gather this
information?

Guido