What did I just update?

Nathan Palmer npalmer at thinktheweb.com
Wed Sep 29 18:34:04 UTC 2004

Oliver Grawert wrote:

>hi,
>
>Am Mittwoch, den 29.09.2004, 12:12 -0600 schrieb Nathan Palmer:
>

>>I just always ask myself whenever I finish my update.  "What did I just
>>update?"
>>

>above the sidebar on the left is a pulldow....
>first refresh your package list, then select "Status" in the pulldown.
>in the sidebar select "Installed (upgradeable)".
>now you see the list of packages that will be upgraded on the right
>side.
>
>ciao
>	oli

Sorry, I'm not at my Ubuntu machine right now.  But will that just give
me a list of what is going to be upgraded?  If it's just the standard
list in Synaptic all it will tell is what the program is.  I know I can
get that.. even when I click apply I can get a simple list of what
packages are going to happen.  I'd like to see something like this.

PPP upgrade to 1.77
+ Added new Foo module resolving a lot of connection issues
+ Fixed Bug #34444 that was causing a lot of crashes.

That way if I'm looking for something I can see if it got fixed.  Or, on
the other hand if say Evolution was upgraded and it added some new
options I can say oh.. hey.. they now have a AutoResponder I should go
try that out!

Nathan