GL with ATI Radeon 9500 pro

list list at notthemessiah.net
Wed Sep 29 04:26:03 UTC 2004

> Follow the instructions here:
>
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto

Ok, did those and reset. Now things are somewhat different--my resolution
switched to 1600xwhatever and I can't use the gnome utility to turn it
back down. I also noticed that when the modules were loading at boot, the
fglrx module had a red asterisk, but still said [OK] to the right...

Also, I seem to be having a similar problem as before:

dean at dim:~ $ fgl_glxgears
Error: couldn't get fbconfig

dean at dim:~ $ glxgears
1082 frames in 5.0 seconds = 216.400 FPS
1080 frames in 5.0 seconds = 216.000 FPS

Further advice will be greatly appreciated ;)

Thanks so far!

--Dean