kernel-2.6.8 source deb not available in Ubuntu repositories

Mark Cooke lists at funkypenguin.net
Wed Sep 29 01:08:29 UTC 2004

As I mentioned to a reply to a previous thread, there is a problem with
cdrecord, k3b even other burning GUI's apparently have problems with
kernel 2.6.8 and 2.6.8.1.

There is a patch available:
http://utenti.lycos.it/ritranga/cddvd.patch.tar.gz

And I would like to know if this fix's the problem, but I'm unable to
retrieve or even find the Ubuntu kernel-source deb, if I install my Sid
built kernel-2.6.7, this fix's the problem, but I would like run 2.6.8
from Ubuntu if possible.

I've only tried this with k3b (on both Sid and here as well), if you go
into:

 Settings | Configure K3b | Devices

Writes CDs: no

This is enabled as yes as root, simply installing kernel-2.6.7 fix'ss
this problem and no other files or permissions has been altered.

Regards

Mark