Upgrading

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Sep 28 16:15:07 UTC 2004

Ben Novack wrote:

>Needless to say, I'm going to want to move to the final warty when
>it's released. Will I be able to pop in the CD and have it upgrade, or
>will a full rebuild be neccessary? What about Hoary Hedgehog and
>further releases?

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade (or apt-get dist-upgrade)

will upgrade to the lastest version in your /etc/apt/sources.list that
can be sources from the internet or from a cd it's up to your personal
circumstances.

will do everything.  I don't know these people come along from rpm based
distro's and think they have to keep reinstalling and even burning new
cd's ;-)

sparkes

--
                   _      __