Firefox mouse gesture bug?

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Tue Sep 28 09:55:44 UTC 2004

Hi,

Installed Warthog on my old laptop yesterday, dual boot with Win98.
Pretty smooth, though got some configuration to do.

I have been using Firefox (straight out of the box - no added
extensions, themes, etc) to browse the ubuntu site and Onlamp.com and
have been getting weird behaviour. On sharply moving the cursor
diagonally upwards and left (to North West) the previous page would
(sometimes) load. The behaviour seems similar to the mouse gestures
project optimoz (http://optimoz.mozdev.org) except that this isn't
installed, and the gesture for back page is moving the cursor straight
left.

I have rebooted and tried to replicate this behaviour with occasional
success - sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Haven't found
anything in mozilla.org's bugzilla.

Is anyone else seeing this?

John