Desktop Package?

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Tue Sep 28 05:05:33 UTC 2004

My memory is letting me down right now but I had to do a custom install
to get Ubuntu onto a PitA Sony Viao with an iDrive CDROM or similar at
an installfest at Wollongong on the weekend. The user was happy - the
first linux they'd managed to get on there at all (with a little black
magic).

Now, to clean up the custom install and ensure they have a complete
system I believe there's a "hidden"(?) package named ubuntu-desktop or
similar that will make sure all the default install packages are in
place.

Can anyone remind me of what said package is? thanks :)

--

All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"--a strange complaint to