Post install

Tony Bennett tony.bennett at tbcomputing.com
Mon Sep 27 22:24:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 00:12 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 27.09.2004, 22:50 +0100 schrieb Tony Bennett:
>
> > But only a very minimal set of apps, no panels except the bottom one, no
> > CD or DVD icon, no Open Office Menu, no Gnome Configuration tools - not
> > much really.
> >

> have you used gnome apps in yoper ? if this is the case should probably
> have deleted (backed up) the .gnome2, .gconf and .gconfd dirs too, there
> is probably some old yoper config ....
>
> the basic desktop in ubuntu is empty, but the top panel should be there
> (including all the missed apps)
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Thx for the quick reply.

I deleted every file from my home folder except the files I wanted,
including all the . files and directories.

When i logged back in I had an empty desktop, and a panel top and
bottom.

Most of what I was missing was there apart from Open Office - is there
anyway to rebuild the Gnome menus?

Thx again

Tony