Post install

Tony Bennett tony.bennett at tbcomputing.com
Mon Sep 27 21:50:55 UTC 2004

Hi all

Help please!

Just deleted Yoper to try this as I wanted to try a default Gnome
installation.

All went well - all hardware found BP6 Mobo, duaL Celeron 366, Nvidia
Gforce, Intel EEPRO 100 NIC, PCI WINTV, cheapo Creative sound card, 256M
ram, 20G HDD on HPT controller - all faultless.

When I installed I kept my home directory on a separate partition, and
elected to download all of the updates - 176M in 25 mins 18 secs. (Who
said UK BT Broadband was no good?)

When everything was downloaded and the setup finished I was unable to
log in. CNTL ALT F3 and chown -R tony /home/tony and rm .xsession.

Now able to log in.

But only a very minimal set of apps, no panels except the bottom one, no
CD or DVD icon, no Open Office Menu, no Gnome Configuration tools - not
much really.

Anyone help me out or do I re-install?

TIA

Tony