Vmware keep asking to reconfigure

flubie fluberman72 at wanadoo.nl
Mon Sep 27 09:59:34 UTC 2004

First of all, I don't know if this is the correct forum to address my
question, so forgive me. I'm running ubuntu with kernel 2.6.8.1-2-686 (I
downloaded the image and kernel-header) and VMware Workstation 4.5.2
build-8848. The vmware installation procedure went fine, vmware modules
were created and fit perfectly to the kernel.

The problem: every time I restart my computer, and run vmware, it says
that the modules do not match with the running kernel (I'm sure they do
as I do not restart to another  kernel). Then vmware asks me to
reconfigure the modules (i.e. by running vmware-config.pl). When it asks
me the location of header file, I give this: /usr/src/linux-
headers-2.6.8.1-2-686/include and then it compiles completely, no errors
and I can run vmware as usual. Actually as long as it works it's fine
for me, but it just annoys me because I run it on my laptop which I take
back and forth to my office daily.

Any tips ?

--

flubie