Replacement for "Fair Use Wizard"?

Benjamin Edwards bedwards at rnli.org.uk
Mon Sep 27 09:40:56 UTC 2004

On a similar not are they any DVD backups utils around that will quarterized a film so it will fit on a DVD-R.  Traditional re-coding takes over 5 hours for a DVD on my system but DVDShrink (a windows program) takes around an hours because it quarterized (think this is the correct term).

Ben

>>> Rob Weir <rweir at ertius.org> 09/27/04 05:58am >>>
On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 03:16:19PM -0400, Shawn Milo said
> There is an application called "Fair Use Wizard," which
> will extract a DVD movie into a DivX file. It is fully
> automated, only requiring the user to specify an output file
> size (for quality selection) before getting to work.
>
> Unfortunately, the program is only for Windows.  Is there
> a Linux replacement for this?

AcidRip is a little frontend to mencoder that does this.

-rob

--
Words of the day: SWAT BLU-114/B BLU-97 A/B corporate security ammunition mania