internet address, hostname, gnome login error

Maurice F. Piller piller at visi.net
Mon Sep 27 05:26:29 UTC 2004

Well, the problem is now fixed, I copied the setup from another ubuntu machine.

I first did an nslookup on the ip address I was receiving from dhcp to find the
hostname, and then set the hostname to this in file /etc/hostname.

I then appended the hostname to the localhost line entry in file /etc/hosts.

That is how the I On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:28:59 -0400