Menu changes (Re: A really really stupid idea. Really. Stooooopid.)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sun Sep 26 20:14:58 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 02:50:22PM -0500, Martin Maney wrote:

> No wonder I've given myself a headache trying to figure this out.  The
> docs keep referring to "Applications -> Desktop Preferences" and some
> shit for brains has hidden it under "Computer".  Am I right in guessing
> that this is someone's little joke to try to make the system as
> aggravating as possible?
>
> This was  really, really stupid idea.

We all know the feeling of being frustrated by out-of-date documentation,
but please be considerate in your communications on this mailing list.  For
more information, refer to:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/conduct/

Minor adjustments are still being made to the desktop menus, and the
documentation has not yet been brought up to date.  This is a normal
situation during the preview phase, but should be corrected for the final
release in October.

--
 - mdz