ibook dual USB 2001 no sleep!!

Derek Kinakin dkinakin at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 26 18:09:07 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I have read that many people are using the Warty preview on ibooks /
powerbooks and I wonder if people have their power management working? I
cannot do a sleep / wake without producing a black screen and requiring
a hard reboot of my ibook.

Reading around on the web, I have seen articles (by Edd Dumbill) talking
about similar ibook models using PMU for power management, yet trying to
install that (from universe) requires the removal of the pbuttons
program, which doesn't seem like a smart idea.

Another articles (one of the several Debian on ibook how-to's) seems to
indicate that APM works "out of the box" on the ibook2 series hardware.
lsmod'ing my machine shows that APM is not an installed module, only
APM-EMU is available.

Anyways, as you can imagine I'm a little confused about how to get this
working. Any help would be appreciated. This is only 1 of the 2 hangups
I have to sort out before I can use Warty full time on my ibook.

Cheers,

Derek