foo2zjs Printer Driver

Hubertus Hiden hubertus at hiden.org
Sun Sep 26 13:36:18 UTC 2004

Hello !

After installing ubuntu I was surprised that there was a driver for my
Minolta 2300 DL (a desktop color laser) already installed. Although
there are some foo2zjs files in /usr/share/foomatic  the printer didn't
work. A look into Synaptic showed that foo2zjs was NOT installed. After
installing this the printer works fine.
I don't know if this is a bug in ubuntu. For me it looks strange that I
can select the driver and (some ?) driver files are present but the
package isn't installed.
Maybe someone can use this information.....

Hubertus