Fwd: burning ISO image (SOLVED)

flubie fluberman72 at wanadoo.nl
Sun Sep 26 06:20:29 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 21:47 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 02:20:26PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 23:07 -0500, Shawn Hansen wrote:
> > > That doesn't actually do what he is asking about though.  Sure you can
> > > burn the iso to disk from nautilus, but you aren't burning it as an
> > > image, you are just burning it as data.  For example, if you burn the
> > > knoppix iso to disc using nautilus, you are not going to get a
> > > bootable knoppix cd, you'll just have a cd with the knoppix iso file
> > > on it.
> >
> > Context-click on the iso file and choose "Write to Disc..." -> this does
> > not write an iso9660 filesystem with an iso on it, it writes the image.
>
> Right, this is how I've burned many a Warty install CD, and I can confirm
> that it works nicely. :-)
>
> --
>  - mdz

It's solved. Context-click and then "write to disc" indeed writes the
image. Very cool...
BTW, is it a new feature of GNOME 2.8 or it has been around in the
previous version ?  I'm a long-time user of KDE so I need to get used to
gnome, but so far I have a very positive impression about this new
release... :)