Pb starting gnome with a particular user

Markus Räipiö markus.raipio at guru-group.fi
Sat Sep 25 14:41:35 UTC 2004

Hi,
I got the same problem as remy Frerebeau remy.frerebeau at gmail.com

Hello,

I have installed recently Ubuntu, and it worked perfectly on my desktop.
This morning (24/09), I did update some package with apt-get (upgrade +
update).
I did reboot because of modification to the kernel and I log in.

Everything all right.

But tonight, my wife wanted to logged in and couldn't ...

She log in with her password, get the ubuntu-bootsplash while gnome
start and then it just freeze. she didn't get any icon at the bottom.

I have no idea what it is as we have the same configuration and I could
log in

cheers,
Markus