Printing to Epson USB printer

Andy Jarvis andrew.jarvis at kolumbus.fi
Sat Sep 25 07:46:01 UTC 2004

Another problem which I am sure a more Linux-aware person than I could
easily solve. I have an Epson Stylus Color 880 printer connected by
USB.

The printing setup finds the printer and correctly identifies it, but
when I go to select a driver from the Epson list, the closest number in
the Stylus Color range available is 860. I chose this and all appears
fine. I get a ready status and no jobs indicator in the printers screen,
but actually submitting anything for printing just seems to disappear
into a black hole.

The application (whichever one I print from) seems to think the print
has been sent, but nothing ever reaches the printer. I would be glad to
hear suggestions for where to look or what to change to fix this
problem.

Thanks again.
AndyJ