PPC, PPP, Gnome Networking and wvdial

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Sat Sep 25 04:41:52 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 06:34 +0200, Wayne Oliver wrote:
> > won't it be easier to add gnome-ppp to main or universe?
> >
> > I don't see a lot of non-techie people messing with wvdial and
> > /etc/modules. It has to be easier.
>
> I'll second that.
>
> I think gnome-ppp is a must for main

Note that the Networking tool will set up ppp connections, if you
install wvdial. We will probably add wvdial to main so that will work.
The description earlier in this thread for how to set up ppp was more
complicated than "install wvdial and start the Networking tool". :-)

gnome-ppp is also pretty good, but not integrated with the Networking
tool... I have the feeling that this will be addressed in GNOME 2.10
however, so we'll have it for HoaryHedgehog. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!