Downloading packages

Benjamin Edwards bedwards at rnli.org.uk
Fri Sep 24 14:47:24 UTC 2004

If I just uncomented the line and apt-get update/upgrade would it change/be lickly to screw up mutch.  What is I did dist-upgrade.  Asking this as I am trying to work out the ramifications of using universe.

Ben

>>> Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at canonical.com> 09/24/04 11:57am >>>

Just enable the "universe" archive (of unsupported Debian packages) in
/etc/apt/sources.list (they are commented out and described there),
run "sudo apt-get update" and mc will be waiting for you to install it
:-)

Martin

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is for the intended recipient only. If you have received the email in error please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this email. Any views expressed by an individual within this email which do not constitute or record professional advice relating to the RNLI, do not necessarily reflect the views of the organisation.

Registered Charity Number 209603