Enabling Samba in Ubuntu.

Mark Shuttleworth mark at hbd.com
Thu Sep 23 15:37:04 UTC 2004

You can use Synaptic Package Manager to install samba, or in a console,
type "sudo aptitude", then find samba (type "/" then "samba" then "\"
until you find it, then "i" to install, then "g" to go for it, and "g"
again... jeez, I think I just realised why people don't like aptitude ;-).

I think it will work as soon as you install it. You may need to tweak
/etc/samba/smb.conf till it's just right for you.

--
Ubuntu! Building a Desktop OS for the 21st century. www.ubuntulinux.org
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/