Newsgroup or BillBoardSystem

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at raw.no
Thu Sep 23 10:21:56 UTC 2004

* Jeff Waugh

| This is pretty much what we're looking for. If anyone knows of forum
| software that works with a mailing list or nntp, that'd be very helpful.
| In the meantime (as Edd suggested), there's gmane.

I guess it's obvious, but _please_ try to find something that does not
destroy threads.. Most message boards doesn't really do threading.

(One way of doing it would be to use NNTP as the backend and mailman's
news-to-mail-and-mail-to-news gateway plus something like newsportal
for the web interface).

http://florian-amrhein.de/newsportal/ (yes, it's php, yes, it uses
php4-imap for the newsgroup access)

Another option is to use papercut (http://papercut.org/) and point