How do you automatically mount a Samba share?

Colin Yates colin.yates at computer.org
Thu Sep 23 12:42:30 UTC 2004

Shawn,

I think you have an excellent point.  It seems that you are not asking
how to mount a samba share, rather you are asking how ubuntu suggest
doing it in a "user friendly" way.

Unfortunately at the moment, neither samba or gnome allow you to use
samba mounts as mentioned, hence xandros added that functionality to
xfm.

I didn't get the "user friendly" emphasis until just now ;)

But, yes, I think you have an excellent point, and it is worth putting
that in bold for us techies :)