Login problem

Al Simcoe alsimcoe at alsimcoe.com
Thu Sep 23 00:03:58 UTC 2004

>> For this run the console command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure
>> xserver-xfree86
>> You can just hit enter for the most questions. It will be used the
>> current configuration.
>> You will be asked about the screen resolution for your Xserver again.
>> You can choose it with a [*] in front of them. The highest resolution
>> is first tried so take the one for your LCD as the highest.
>> When you go on there will be the question for monitor frequencies.
>> Choose the right entries for your LCD.
>>
>> I hope I could help.
>

> Hmmmmm  I just ran the above config file.
>
> It asked for much more than you indicated above,
> I made certain changes including video driver info.
> I think it was incorrect and now it will not even boot into X.
>
> Gulp !!!!
>

>> Al Simcoe

I wish I renamed my original "XF86Config-4" to  XF86Config-4.orig  !!!!

Is there a copy of the original elsewhere?

Anyway, I re ran "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and still got
know where.

I do not think it is recognizing my video card.  I could be wrong
though.

HELP !!   anyone ??
Al Simcoe