Login problem

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Wed Sep 22 21:36:34 UTC 2004

On 22.09.2004 23:15, Al Simcoe schrieb:

> The splash screen appears quite small on my 23 inch
> monitor, So small that I can not read the tiny text on the screen.
>
> There is a blank field there which I **Guess* is for my user name
> that I setup during the installation.
>
> When I input the "user name" I set up during the installation and
> hit "enter", nothing happens.
>
> 1. Should the "Splash Screen" appear that small?
> 2. What can I do about the login problem?

First enter user name <ENTER>
enter password <ENTER>
then gnome is starting.

Why it is so small on your 23 inch display? I don't know.
Can you check /etc/X11/XF86config-4
Maybe you have an LCD and there is a too low resolution for your
display? So it displays the small X resolution with its standard
resolution...

But I think this field for username, password and description is always
too small. I have 1024x768 resolution and I think if it would be a
higher resolution I could not read it, too.