ubuntu vs debian

Pierfrancesco Caci pf at caci.it
Wed Sep 22 13:20:40 UTC 2004

:-> "Torsten" == Torsten Curdt <tcurdt at managesoft.com> writes:

    > but what about contrib and non-free or just packages one just
    > needs but that are not in available in the official repository?

    > mplayer, blackdown java and stuff like that?

I've just added mplayer from the usual marillat's site and it seems to
work fine. Did not try blackdown java. Maybe you want to try that and
report  ? :-)

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci at tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.6.8.1 #1 Sat Sep 4 19:51:52 CEST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux