Install Report (Language) + Questions

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Wed Sep 22 11:45:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 08:18:47AM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 19:20, Colin Watson wrote:
> >> When "Choose language" and selecting "Bahasa Indonesia"
> >>    it will skip "Choose country or region"
> >>    and go directly to "Select a keyboard layout"
> >>          WITH ERROR message
>
> > Hm, yes, I can reproduce that on i386, although not on amd64. Could you
> > please file a bug at http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/ (component kbd-chooser,
> > assign to cjwatson at canonical.com)?
>
> Gee... I need to have yet another account for reporting a bug :-( ?
> Well, Bug 1581 has been added to the database.
>
> Anyway, how could someone know that it is a "kbd-chooser" bug?

You're not required to, and we will reassign bugs as we need to, but
since I already know what component is (at least initially) involved I'm
telling you what it is to reduce our workload later.

> >> - May I know how/where to find the howto-s and scripts
> >>   for building the UBUNTU distribution?
>
> > All the source packages are in the Ubuntu archive; they are plain Debian
> > source packages that you can build in the usual way.
>
> The problem is that I have no idea on what "build in the usual way" is.
> May I know if there exists a "step by step for dummies guide" or
> something like that other than the Debian documentations.

Search for buildd and sbuild, I guess.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]