Problem Installing GDM themes

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 03:59:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:04:39 -0500, Ethan King <ferrill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am relatively new to Linux and Ubuntu but it appears that using the
> default settings the first user created does not have the appropriate
> permissions to install new GDM themes like the ones found at
> http://www.gnome-look.org/.
>
> Just wondering if that is really the case or if I am missing something.

I haven't tried that specifically, but it may just be something that
you normally need to do as root. Try putting "sudo" in front of the
command you're using now. It will prompt you for your password before
it does anything.

If you're trying to do it via a GUI, I don't have a clue. (man, I
never thought I'd say that). :)

Aaron