Thoughts on mouse buttons

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Sep 21 08:09:29 UTC 2004

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> What is Intellipoint?

Intellipoint is a proprietary program from Microsoft which allows the Microsoft
Windows user to customize what the mouse buttons do.  On Microsoft Windows
installations I've seen, Intellipoint adds functionality to the standard mouse
control panel program.  Intellipoint comes with Microsoft mice and trackballs.
  I believe the program works only with Microsoft brand input devices (mice and
trackballs).  The options can apply for all programs or one can specify
exceptions for specific programs (i.e., normally I want the left button to send
a right mouse click, but in program Foobar I want the left button to send a
space character to the program).

 > Is there any *known to work* equivalent for linux?

I know of no such equivalent.