Ubuntu Preview

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Tue Sep 21 03:46:37 UTC 2004

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 03:53:48PM +0800, John wrote:
>

>>ps Has anyone tried booting to single-user mode? I think I saw a fly in
>>that ointment a while ago.
>>

>Yes, many times.  If you're wondering about the root password, yes, we fixed
>that at the same time that we made the sudo decision.

This mail is getting too much:-(

What bothered me is I saw a mentiion of sulogin. Since I've been
configuring the occasional system w/o root login for some time, I tend
to notice sulogin.

I'f long felt the idea of sulogin by default is flawed, it's so easoly
bypassed it seems pointless. Except maybe on S/390, and arches I've not
seen.