Ubuntu Drive Visible to OS X?

Fábio Mendes niels_bohr at uol.com.br
Tue Sep 21 02:17:19 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 19:39 -0500, Tim Shubitz wrote:
> Brett,
>     On the Mac side you can install a little PreferencePane called
> "ExtFSManager ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/ )." It's out
> on Sourceforge. I don't remember what you would need to do to "see" a
> Mac (HFS, +) partition in Linux. Anyway. Have a good one.

I'm almost sure there is a kernel module for that (read only), i don't
know if it's compiled in the default ubuntu kernel package, but you can
easily apt-get the kernel sources, copy the /boot/config file
to /usr/src/kernel-src/.config and then add the modules you want. You
should know how to compile a custom kernel, it's not that hard and
debian has good documentation on the subject.

-Fabio