Ati fglrx

Ryan Fitzgerald ryanfitz at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 21 00:12:45 UTC 2004

I am trying to get ati's fglrx drivers to work. So far I have done what
it said to do in the wiki, 2d is working but 3d acceleration isnt. I
installed the linux headers and sources and tried running make.sh
from /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/  here is what it tells me:

ATI module generator V 2.0
initializing...
Error:
XFree86 drm includes
at /lib/modules/2.6.8.1-2-386/build/include/../drivers/char/drm do not
fit this driver.
This driver is designed to only work with X4.1.0 or higher.
You can match this by getting Linux kernel 2.4.8 or higher.