Postfix not working

Fábio Mendes niels_bohr at uol.com.br
Mon Sep 20 17:19:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 08:17 -0600, LaMont Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 03:39:16AM -0300, Fábio Mendes wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:57 +0800, John wrote:
> > Well, I had a broken installation in my box, so it can be related to that. I'll reinstall the system and see if things get right
>
> The postfix install will not overwrite an existing postfix
> configuration.  Combine this with the bug that postfix didn't remove its
> config files on purge, and you have an interesting mess.
>
> lamont
I found easier to re-install the whole thing since I got lots of other broken stuff. Now, on the new system, sendmail is working as it should but it seems that local delivery is turned off. Sorry, I'm not into postfix configuration to check this better:

  chips at r2d2 ~ $ mail chips
  Subject: test
  test
  (C-D)
    Cc:
  (enter)
  chips at r2d2 ~ $ mail
  No mail for chips

All accounts, even root have the same behaviour. Well, local mail isn't
that important in a desktop system, but it's nice to check
administrative mail from now and then. A little suggestion: wouldn't it
be nice if local delivery were pre-configured in evolution for all user
accounts? (is it just putting a file in /etc/skel?)

Thanks,
-Fabio