My CDBURNER devices have changed?!

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Mon Sep 20 08:43:53 UTC 2004

Moving the discussion to Ubuntu Users.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Paul Harper wrote:

> the wierd thing is before I installed WinXP my dvd was
> dev=0,0,0 and my cdburner was dev=0,1,0.
>
> Now my burner is dev=1,1,0 (acording to cdrecord
> -scanbus). I can't burn at all in either ubuntu or
> fedora. I actually had to sink to burning in WinXP
> last night.

Is this a USB burner? If so the change happens each time you unplug or
plug the burner.
I have an old USB burner that simply doesn't work very well with 2.6
kernels, but i never digged into this problem.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.