/dev/pmu & questions

felix felix at catblack.ca
Mon Sep 20 07:33:58 UTC 2004

Just a couple of quick questions/error messages.

When I log into my Ubuntu system, I get an error message that reads
'permissions on the file /dev/pmu are broken' ... what is it and how can I
fix the permissions?

During the bootup, I get an error message that reads 'radeonfb: invalid ROM
signature 0 should be 0x0c500038c'

Cdrecord doesn't work properly, I get the following error message,
'cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver'

Anyone have any ideas?

This is an awesome distro, I think it has alot of potential, I like it
better than Yellowdog Linux.