a couple video related questions

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:39:29 UTC 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:05:27 -0700, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:

> > The next little issue I've had is that with many of the screensavers (and
> > specifically with "electricsheep" which I also installed via synaptic), I
> > get a lot of horizontal distortion and fuzz. So far I've only seen this
> > with screensavers. I wondered if it has something to do with the way
> > Ubuntu handles root access. If a screenshot would help diagnose the
> > problem, I'll see what I can do about getting one. Any
>
> Does this happen both with the default nv driver, and with the proprietary
> nvidia driver?

I checked. I don't get the fuzzy video with the default "nv" driver.
Unfortunately, electricsheep doesn't do anything at all with that
driver. :-\

It has been a while since I used a distro with XFree as opposed to
Xorg. This is the only difference that I can think of with Ubuntu.
Electricsheep works with both "nv" and "nvidia" in other distros - in
particular I checked it in Slackware.