Thoughts on mouse buttons

Sun Sep 19 05:46:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 22:07 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Actually, looking at the mouse configuration dialog, I am surprised that
> > this option is not covered there. It probably should be.
>
> This option is currently set in the X server configuration, and so is not
> currently configurable on a per-user basis.

I wonder how difficult it would be to replicate this functionality in
GNOME? Do the input events get filtered through anything? The more I
think about it, the more it sounds like a nice and obvious solution to
me. I think this is something that should be disabled by default
(because it breaks stuff) but easily available from a preferences
dialog. Doing it on the desktop might also have the advantage to not
work with GL applications, which should be desirable. Or it could
generally be limited to areas where it makes sense (like browser links
and text fields). In that case it might not even be necessary to make it
configurable... Hm.