Runlevel Configuration in g-s-t

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Sat Sep 18 14:03:14 UTC 2004

<quote who="Denis Jacquerye">

> I think it's counter productive to strip off useful tools simply because
> you assume the regular user won't need them. Some advanced users like well
> done GUI too, and some keen regular users could find it useful too.

We haven't stripped out the tool, it's still available if required, but it
is not exposed in the user interface. There's no use case for it to be there
(it should 'Just Work'), this one in particular is not easy to understand,
and it means we can find out all the situations where things don't Just
Work (but still guide users to it if they need to change something in the
mean time). :-)

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/               Ubuntu!